Friday, November 16, 2012

Jab Tak…?




The movie [Jab Tak Hai Jaan] was a terrible disappointment.  Three hours wasted.  Add another hour for the formalities in the multiplex and the intermission. 

At my age I shouldn’t expect anything great from Bollywood, I know.  But I wanted to enjoy my Diwali break with my wife who loves movies.  Even she felt bored.  May Yash Chopra Rest In Peace.

It’s an ancient story told in the most boring way possible, except for the bikini shot of Anushka in the beginning, and the skimpy dress that both Katrina Kaif and Anushka are asked to wear in quite many places.  Add Anushka’s Delhi spirit, and you have the salt and pepper.

Delhi spirit means superficiality at its best.  Confidence at its best too.  Yash ji was merciful enough to give some depth to Anushka’s character for the sake of the movie.  I think the movie would have been far better if the real Delhi spirit was explored.  But Bollywood is not interested in any spirit, except the commercial one. 

What Anushka’s character says in the movie about the contemporary young generation is quite true, however.  That’s the only worthwhile thing I found in the entire movie.  For the rest, it is balderdash.  Accidents and loss of memory and such rubbish.  Don’t spend your money and time is my recommendation.

16 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for you! Thanks for warning humans at large, not that it will work though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it won't work :)

      But, you know, the PVR cinema where I watched this movie was mostly empty! Even a movie can't cheat people. Only politicians and religious leaders can!

      Delete
  2. I knew it, I find all of Sharukh's movies boring. I was aware this would be no different. They are used to explore love & romance in a cliched sense & the review tell me that it was full of boredom as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cliche, yes, that's what the movie is. The typical Yash Chopra love triangle. And obsolete views on religion with SRK's equally obsolete mannerisms.

      Delete
  3. Even I felt the same.

    http://www.beingtraveler.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha :) I did not saw this movie yet..bt really Now I really dont want to see it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use your time on a more worthwhile enterprise. All the best. 4 hours of a life that lasts just 80-odd years is a precious lot of time.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Indeed. I guess entertainment should not be such a boring affair.

      Delete
  6. I liked the locations and frames in the movie.. nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I too liked the locations. It was almost like going on a tour to London.

      Delete
  7. True. It is time Shahrukh khan acted in movies that are meaningful. It is time he left these kind of movies to younger actors.

    I am surprised by the media fawning over the movie!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too was a bit surprised to read some of the reviews in the newspapers.

      Delete

Historical Distortions

18 th century French naturalist the Comte de Buffon wrote that the people of America had small and feeble sex organs so much so the...