Skip to main content

Teacher from another galaxy

"Crumbling is not an instant's act": Emily Dickinson


If I were given a choice to order something from the cosmos, I would want an intelligent entity from another galaxy to come and teach certain essential lessons to my fellow creatures on earth. I’m pretty sure that there are a lot of intelligent entities out there in the infinite spaces.

Like Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s Little Prince, for example. Just imagine Little Prince standing before Amit Shah and telling him in all innocence that “it is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Imagine the Yogi of UP being told, “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.”

The Little Prince isn’t an intellectual giant. He is a child. But he has a far more advanced consciousness than anyone on our earth. That consciousness sets him on a pedestal high above the greatest of people on earth. Come and teach us that level of consciousness: that’s what my wish is from any power in the cosmos that can possibly do it.

Just imagine a creature visiting us from some planet out there. The very fact that he is able to reach us would imply that he belongs to a superior species. What would he think of us after observing us for a few days?

Look at the weapons we have stockpiled worldwide, for instance. We spend about 1.7 trillion dollars [1700000000000] annually on weapons meant to kill others of our own species just because they believe in different gods [where are they? The alien wonders], belong to different races [what’s that? The alien asks], have skins of different colours, noses of different shapes…

About 800,000 people choose to kill themselves on earth every year in spite of having so many weapons with which they can kill everybody else and possess the entire planet for themselves. More than 2000 people of the earth kill themselves every day! [That’s better than the bigger number being killed by others, the alien would realise soon.]

9 out of 10 people on earth are breathing in air that is polluted by themselves, according to WHO. The alien gasps more in wonder than for breath. What idiots is he dealing with here on earth? Looking at our skyscrapers, flyovers, and Statue of Unity, the alien had been under the impression that he was visiting a civilised planet.

“Civilisation, you say?” The alien is questioned by Mr Bhakt who goes on to boast about some 5000-year-old civilisation which believed that some people came from the feet of some god while some others came from the head. “No one from the penis?” The alien wonders. On his planet, let us assume, the penis and the vagina have better roles to play than have foreskins to mark identities or clitorises to mark subjugation.

The alien would probably run away without completing even a fraction of his visit on the earth.

I’m left longing for one who will dare to stay back and tell us that we are just humbugs. That we have a long, long way to travel before we become even a fraction of what advanced creatures are like on other planets. That we haven’t even put our feet on to the road of civilisation yet. That we can begin now, if we wish. That all our missiles and foreskins are not the ultimate truths or powers. That… yes, that we have something called a heart that can do more than just pump the blood.

 

PS. This has been provoked by Indispire Edition 349: You can order anything from the cosmic catalog, What would you order? Make yourself- very clear the universe is listening. #enrichinglives

  

Comments

  1. I am sure your post would have shocked the guy who gave the prompt- expecting something totally different :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't mind giving a shock to Parwati Singari 😅

      Delete
  2. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here.
    I really like it.
    Regards,
    it govt jobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... acim authors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adventures of Toto as a comic strip

  'The Adventures of Toto' is an amusing story by Ruskin Bond. It is prescribed as a lesson in CBSE's English course for class 9. Maggie asked her students to do a project on some of the lessons and Femi George's work is what I would like to present here. Femi converted the story into a beautiful comic strip. Her work will speak for itself and let me present it below.  Femi George Student of Carmel Public School, Vazhakulam, Kerala Similar post: The Little Girl

Sanjay and other loyalists

AI-generated illustration Some people, especially those in politics, behave as if they are too great to have any contact with the ordinary folk. And they can get on with whoever comes to power on top irrespective of their ideologies and principles. Sanjay was one such person. He occupied some high places in Sawan school [see previous posts, especially P and Q ] merely because he knew how to play his cards more dexterously than ordinary politicians. Whoever came as principal, Sanjay would be there in the elite circle. He seemed to hold most people in contempt. His respect was reserved for the gentry. I belonged to the margins of Sawan society, in Sanjay’s assessment. So we hardly talked to each other. Looking back, I find it quite ludicrous to realise that Sanjay and I lived on the same campus 24x7 for a decade and a half without ever talking to each other except for official purposes.      Towards the end of our coexistence, Sawan had become a veritable hell. Power supply to the

Thomas the Saint

AI-generated image His full name was Thomas Augustine. He was a Catholic priest. I knew him for a rather short period of my life. When I lived one whole year in the same institution with him, I was just 15 years old. I was a trainee for priesthood and he was many years my senior. We both lived in Don Bosco school and seminary at a place called Tirupattur in Tamil Nadu. He was in charge of a group of boys like me. Thomas had little to do with me directly as I was under the care of another in-charge. But his self-effacing ways and angelic smile drew me to him. He was a living saint all the years I knew him later. When he became a priest and was in charge of a section of a Don Bosco institution in Kochi, I met him again and his ways hadn’t changed an iota. You’d think he was a reincarnation of Jesus if you met him personally. You won’t be able to meet him anymore. He passed away a few years ago. One of the persons whom I won’t ever forget, can’t forget as long as the neurons continu

William and the autumn of life

William and I were together only for one year, but our friendship has grown stronger year after year. The duration of that friendship is going to hit half a century. In the meanwhile both he and I changed many places. William was in Kerala when I was in Shillong. He was in Ireland when I was in Delhi. Now I am in Kerala where William is planning to migrate back. We were both novices of a religious congregation for one year at Kotagiri in Tamil Nadu. He was older than me by a few years and far more mature too. But we shared a cordial rapport which kept us in touch though we went in unexpected directions later. William’s conversations had the same pattern back then and now too. I’d call it Socratic. He questions a lot of things that you say with the intention of getting to the depth of the matter. The last conversation I had with him was when I decided to stop teaching. I mention this as an example of my conversations with William. “You are a good teacher. Why do you want to stop

Uriel the gargoyle-maker

Uriel was a multifaceted personality. He could stab with words, sting like Mike Tyson, and distort reality charmingly with the precision of a gifted cartoonist. He was sedate now and passionate the next moment. He could don the mantle of a carpenter, a plumber, or a mechanic, as situation demanded. He ran a school in Shillong in those days when I was there. That’s how I landed in the magic circle of his friendship. He made me a gargoyle. Gradually. When the refined side of human civilisation shaped magnificent castles and cathedrals, the darker side of the same homo sapiens gave birth to gargoyles. These grotesque shapes were erected on those beautiful works of architecture as if to prove that there is no human genius without a dash of perversion. In many parts of India, some such repulsive shape is placed in a prominent place of great edifices with the intention of warding off evil or, more commonly, the evil eye. I was Uriel’s gargoyle for warding off the evil eye from his sc